Will assist with maintenance and repair of equipment in the metal fabrication warehouse including milling, surface grinding, and lathe machines. Will also work on and repair dies.
- Work from print and plans to repair, maintain, and install equipment.
- Install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in machinery
- Assist employees with repairs and diagnosis of equipment problems.
- Provides troubleshooting on equipment problems; recommends and assists in repairs.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical degree a plus.
- General knowledge in equipment repair.
- Hydraulic and electrical knowledge a plus.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment required.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills required.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Requires frequent standing, walking, carrying, bending, stooping, grasping, and reaching.
- Ability to perform a volume of mechanical detail work with speed and accuracy; manual dexterity.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., carry 50 lbs., push 100 lbs., pull 75lbs.
- Must be able to grasp objects utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination.
- Must wear safety shoes.
Must complete a pre-employment drug test and a background check.
Formetco is a DrugFree Workplace.
Formetco is an Equal Opportunity Employer