Director of College Sports Sales
Formetco is seeking an experienced leader to build, manage, and grow its College Sports Division. This position is critical to the overall organization and requires a strategic leader with experience in building, leading, and managing a team in the College Sports market.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of College Sports Sales will be responsible for the overall success of Formetco’s College Sports Division. This includes:
- Collaborate with Marketing and Operations to define market niche and build strategy around winning new business.
- Hiring, training, and managing Formetco College Sports team members.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of annual budget.
- Ensure team is following Formetco Sales Process.
- Manage strategic relationships with clients and other strategic partners.
- Negotiate contracts.
Applicant must have a successful track record directly selling equipment to college sports facilities. Equipment would be defined as a product that needs to be customized and requires installation at a college sports facility. This leader would need to have/understand the following:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience selling a custom designed product that requires installation at college sports Facilities.
- Has developed communication skills, with the ability to become a trusted resource in the eyes of our prospective customer. Where our prospective customer feels that they have communicated all of their needs, requirements goals and objectives, and they feel confident that our salesperson fully understands their needs, will provide the guidance, drawings, and support that will exceed their requests and expectations, having the ability gain our prospective customers confidence and trust, become their go to person for information, developing the relationship to the point where the Formetco salesperson owns the relationship.
- Experience determining who is who in the process, from information gathers, influencers, and decision maker(s).
- Ability to identify the purchasing process and has experience with the bidding process and bidding strategies.
- Experience working with consultants and architects, and how to use them to their advantage – especially architects.
- Has developed relationships with College Sports Facilities buyers.
- Director of College Sports Sales would have the above experience and skills in addition to having successful experience building and managing a sales staff and developing a marketing program.
Formetco invites nominations and applications or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting the company. Applications must include a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, and list of references. For full consideration, application materials should be submitted to Parker Executive Search.
Apply here: Parker Executive Search
Applications are confidential and review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made.
Formetco is an equal-opportunity employer.